Gynecologic CareLooking for specialized gynecologic care? The medical professionals at Women's Health Alliance will provide compassionate and expert gynecologic treatment!
Women’s Health Alliance physicians offer a full range of gynecologic care for women of all ages, from adolescence through menopause and beyond. Our physicians and staff will take the time to listen to your concerns so that we can understand and address your needs.
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, and as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle – they take a physical, social, and emotional toll on you as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events
- About 80% report avoiding sex
- 33% have been forced to miss work
- 77% have depression or moodiness
- 75% feel anxious
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available. Please schedule a visit with your doctor to discuss.