Important Information About COVID-19
We are now seeing all patients.
Updated August 20, 2021
At Women’s Health Alliance, we are taking proactive measures to help ensure the health and safety of our patients. We have adjusted visitor access and screening tools:
- Masks are required and all will be screened on arrival.
- NO CHILDREN beyond 8 weeks of age
- One (1) support person for patients with disabilities or impairments warranting assistance will
be allowed. They too will be subject to screening criteria prior to entering our offices. For
confirmation of pregnancy and 20 week anatomy sonograms, we will now allow one (1) support
person to accompany the patient. They must be screened at check in and be wearing a mask.
- Masks are required for everyone entering the facility.
- All patients will be screened upon arrival.
- While we do not currently allow guests, we encourage you to utilize FaceTime or other video
tools during your appointment.
- To reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses, we are continuing to follow the CDC guidelines to
better protect our patients, staff and you.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, you may be asked to reschedule your visit until
you are symptom-free.
We are unable to test or treat for any communicable diseases, including COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please refer to the CDC for further information and to keep updated of developing recommendations. Self-quarantine is strongly recommended if you have any symptoms, have been exposed, or recently traveled. Pregnant patients should pay close attention to the recommendations regarding social distancing and limiting travel. Please refer to ACOG for updated guidelines regarding pregnancy and COVID-19.