In This Section
Are you a candidate for the latest treatment options?
Office Based Procedures
For the treatment of heavy periods, hysterectomy may not be the best option for everyone. In some cases, a less invasive procedure is a better choice. Our physicians also specialize in a procedure known as an "endometrial ablation" using NovaSure, Hydro ThermAblator® System (HTA® System) or Gynecare Thermachoice.
Endometrial Ablation is an option for premenopausal women who have completed childbearing. It can be performed in our office using a local anesthetic.
- Treats heavy and painful periods without the need for a hysterectomy
- 8 minute procedure performed in the office or operating room
- Almost no discomfort and no need for general anesthesia
- Requires no incisions
- Less than 48 hour recovery time
- Greater than 90% satisfaction rate
- One time procedure
- Permanently destroys the lining of the uterus
- No need for hormone replacement therapy
- One out of 3 patients will experience no more periods after procedure
Essure® Tubal Ligation
Essure® Tubal Ligation is a non-surgical procedure that seals off a woman's fallopian tubes that carry an egg from the ovaries to the uterus. By blocking these tubes, where fertilization usually occurs, sperm is unable to reach the egg to fertilize it. The procedure uses two small metal springs (micro-inserts) that are inserted into the fallopian tubes. This causes scar tissue to form and permanently blocks off the tubes. The procedure is performed in an outpatient environment, takes about 30 minutes and does not require anesthesia. Patients should be aware that the procedure provides permanent birth control and is NOT reversible.